Originally Posted by ADNA
I had my right knee replaced 2 years ago when I was 67. It was so bad I missed hunting season that year. Doctor told me most important thing was to do exercises that he gave me starting 6 weeks before surgery to make all the muscles in my knee strong. My surgery came out really good. I never used a walker or cane after 3 days. Did physical therapy twice a week for 5 weeks plus all the exercises they told me to do at home every day. I did a lot of walking, since it was November I would go to Home Depot to walk so I did not have to walk in rain. Was driving after 10 days. I was almost totally healed and doing most things after 12 weeks. All stiffness gone after 12 months. I think really important to do lots of exercise before surgery.

Good idea to exercise prior to surgery. I did on my own as much as I could but never got a recommendation from a doc. I got my flexibility back real quick too but my leg was still very weak from favoring it for 2-3 years. I will say I had my knee scoped in September of 16 and it actually went downhill from there. I tried to gut it out bit finally just decided to have it done. My doc was actually offering TKR before I had my knee scoped. I wish I had done it way back then.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.