Mine is an sks and it is a great hog gun but still going through boxes of wolf ammo from years ago- so I don't load for this rifle.

I did take my first deer at about 120 yards with Dad's (now sold) Mini 30 - and would love that even more.

I have shot many hogs with different rifles but prefer open sites with the SKS or my B92 lever action 44 mag for quick followups and chance at a second hog. I can say the SKS has consistently outperformed the 44mag.

I could easily see a CZ527 becoming a very endearing rifle. To me it is kind of on par with a Model 7 or a micro bolt but even handier . I think the 7.62x39 round is better suited than standard rifle rounds in that type platform. Extremely pleasant. As for CZ's I own a 550 and love it even with its famous rough bolt. Sweet set trigger as a bonus.

In any case- answering the OP - Before recommending a load I suggest you read this short article on reloading for the 7.62x39. Some great pointers on matching loads to rifles etc...

Rifle shooter- 7.62x39

Last edited by kenjs1; 12/24/18.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius