Agreed. I posted a link for a sale on these for something like $160 a few months back. I have the #4 with the dot which is a design I had been looking for in something better than a Mueller but not at VX6 costs. Burris did not list this scope on their website so I was stoked when i stumbled across an ad for one.

After purchasing the FFII I carried it along with my vx3 to do a side by side with a friend at the lease. I have been extremely happy with the VX 3 and its brightness and always felt it money well spent. The VX 3 is a cleaner looking scope, a touch lighter, but the adjustments on both feel identical. Could be a little crisper. Both are accurate though and the Burris does have a zero reset which is nice.

In fading light I anticipated the VX3 to earn its (well over) 2x price tag and waited to note how much longer it would allow me to hunt. Waiting ....waiting....well past legal shooting and it never happened. The Burris is every bit as bright and to me the glass as good and actual magnification a tick higher at given power. I do not appear to be alone in these observations. My friend preferred it hands down as that reticle is just fantastic.

Of course, this is the optics forum so folks may argue my results but the praise for the value of these scopes is pretty universal.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius