Just a little rant cause why not?

So I took the drive down to the Cabelas in El Paso today knowing it probably wouldn't be worth my time but what the hell, I was bored so I did it any way. A friend told me they had a fly tying section and I've been looking for an ITW holster for my HK P30SK.

As soon as I went inside I made my way over to the fishing section. The guy in that department saw me coming and immediately asked if I needed help. I asked him if he had a fly tying section and he enthusiastically answered "Yes! Right this way." Now that kind of took me by surprise because I really didn't expect them to have one, but my surprise was short lived. Apparently his idea of a "section" was a small rack that was mostly empty with about five or six items hanging from it. When I looked at him with what must have been a "WTF?" expression on my face, he sheepishly said, " Yeah, I'm kind of low on stock at the moment."

So with that bust in mind, I headed over to the guns department. I found an in the waist tuckable holster marked for Springfield XD compact. I have a holster that I can fit both my XD and P30 in so I went over to the gun counter where they had a P30SK in order to ask if I could try it in the holster to see how it would fit. The girl behind the counter took the holster from me and then took out the pistol and put it half way in but had to stop because of the gun lock. She then looked at me and said "It looks like it would fit but I Can't take off the gun lock here. I'd have to go in the back to do it." I asked if I could go back there with her so I could try for myself and she said no, but that I could watch her through a window. It was about then that I thought about asking if she wanted to try on a pair of shoes for me too, but then thought the better of it and just said " That's ok, thanks..." and walked away.

About the only thing I've found Cabelas useful for lately has been clothing when it's on sale. Otherwise it's just high priced bullshit and the people who work there don't know shyte from shinola. It's kind of like the Home Depot of sporting goods...