Last year we used 125 grain Nosler ballistic tip factory ammo. It is very accurate, but her rifle would “hang up” on the second or third shot. She killed her first deer with them. Her gun cycles all Hornady ammo ranging from 110-208 perfectly. I’ve shot quite a few hogs with subs and they are great for head shots, but suck anywhere else unless you can pump several into them before they run out of sight. She’s killed two bucks this year with Hornady 110 vmax with great results, just no blood trail. I’m liking my 9 year son’s tikka 6.5 cm, every deer he’s shot has been a complete pass through except for a Texas heart shot he made a week ago on a trophy buck. Those .264 bullets dig. So that’s why I’m interested in the Grendel, plus I can adjust the stock on an ar to fit my 7 year old daughter perfectly. I’m going to buy her a bolt gun just like her brothers, but I’m going to get a Grendel too. I made my daughter pass a pretty good buck this year at 240 yards. I think the extra juice with the Grendel and the sectional density of the 6.5 will handle a 250 yard shot.

I may buy a barrel, gas block, tube, and a couple magazines and swap parts on what I’ve got. But, I don’t know much about them when there are problems, so a good reliable factory upper is probably better for me. I’d like any info I can get on the Grendel. Thanks.