Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Jeff,

I just did search EBay for "neoprene scope covers," as you suggested, and found VERY few that had the forend loop of ScopeCoats, which is just about essential for hunting use--and very few that came in different lengths. Even in stretchy neoprene, one size does NOT fit all.

Also ScopreCoats, as somebody already mentioned, are made in the USA--and aren't exactly expensive.

Somebody in one of the dreaded gun rags recently wrote ScpeCoats up as very handy hunting-rifle accessories.

John,

None of the dozens of ScopeCoats that I have had forend loops and even if they did, it is a feature that would add no value for me, as I only use scope covers to keep the lenses clear of dust while they are in the rack or in transit to the range or to the field.

I agree, one size doesn't fit all, but the $3 Chinese neoprene scope covers that I've bought fit most common 3-9x40 scopes pretty well. They are a little loose on 2-7x33s and 3-9x33s and are a little tight on 4-12x40s and 4-16x42s. Even with two air filters arranged in series, first a regular filter and then an electrostatic filter, there is still some dust in the air in my home. The 100 or so rifles that I keep scoped and ready to go are stored in vertical racks, so the objective lenses will collect dust if I don't keep them covered. Even if the difference in price between the Chinese neoprene scope covers and the ScopeCoat brand neoprene scope covers was only $5, when you're covering several dozen scopes the Lincolns add up.