Honey crullers would be better. You white guys came up with a few good tasting desserts.

One other thing. There's a verse from the song, The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald by Gordon Lightfoot, that has me puzzled. Gordon is a Canadian, from Orillia, Ontario. The song is about an American lake freighter, or at least, I think it is.

It goes, in part...

"The ship was the pride of the American side
Coming back from some mill in Wisconsin
As the big freighters go, it was bigger than most
With a crew and good captain, well seasoned..."

And that was what confused me. Was Gord suggesting that the crew and the captain were to be eaten? They were well seasoned and coming back from a mill.

Then I read this, and was thinking about the stories the elders used to tell.

"The 1913 Handbook of Indians of Canada (reprinting 1907 material from the Bureau of American Ethnology), claims that North American natives practicing cannibalism included,

"... the Montagnais (which included the Innu), and some of the tribes of Maine; the Algonkin, Armouchiquois, Iroquois, and Micmac; farther west the Assiniboine, Cree, Foxes, Chippewa, Miami, Ottawa, Kickapoo, Illinois, Sioux, and Winnebago; -- snip -- in the northwest and west, portions of the continent, the Thlingchadinneh and other Athapascan tribes, the Tlingit, Heiltsuk, Kwakiutl, Tsimshian, Nootka, Siksika, some of the Californian tribes, and the Ute.

That's a bunch!

I'm thinking you should be careful, or you'll end up on the menu. The Great Spirit knows what he likes.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]