Actually, Eileen and I have been co-teaching a class in professional writing for the local adult education program once a month for around a decade now. By "professional" writing, we mean the students intend to publish their work, so we talk about that process as well as the writing itself. Several have published stuff, some by self-publishing, which we discuss a lot because that'es what we do with our books. Others have had stuff published by regular outlets, whether book or magazine publishers. We also discuss book promotion, an essential part of the process, perhaps more so than the writing itself. (For this we get less money in a year than I make from one of my articles, but it always helps us, by stirring up ideas.)

I've also helped several aspiring magazine writers get going, both when I edited magazines (have been the editor of three, the last Gray's Sporting Journal in the mid-1990's) and simply because I knew they were serious--which means they actually wrote articles, instead of just thinking about it. Am always willing to read those articles, and make suggestions, including where they might submit them. Several have published them, and one even went on to become a full-time writer.

"Co-writing" an article would be pretty difficult, but am always willing to help aspiring writers if they're serious about it.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck