tikka that gun drives me crazy because I know what it is. dad gum those are pricey on the used market. The marlin 1894 is truely a unique shooting experience. the darn thing handles like a 22 rimfire, but shoots a brick that has = or better ballistics than a 22, and recoil that is not bothersome. nothing quite like walking in the sage jumping jacks and levering those 357 rounds at them on the run. Mine is my favorite gun right now, I think the 336 is maybe the reason they don't sell more of them. YES the 336 is a great gun but its a world of different shooting experience than the 1894. The 336 requires a deliberate effort to make it do its thing, you have to go all the way forward and all the way back with the lever in a deliberate way. The 1894 is short compact and the lever is just really easy to operate you don't even think about it. the 1894 is the boss hoss of jackrabbit shooting. I think your average person who doesn't know these guns would think the shooting dynamic is the the same as the 336.

those old 1894's are pretty much impossible to find used, I would really be interested in comparing one to my 2018 new production.

tikka the background looks like its near price utah.

Last edited by cumminscowboy; 01/10/19.