Whitearrow,

Looks like you're getting some good feedback here, and that things seem to be working well now, but I thought I'd chime in. The adjustments on the VX-Freedom are similar to those we had on the VX-1 riflescopes. It is normal for them to not have a very loud click, but you should feel clear detents each 1/4MOA click. In general, tapping the adjustment will not hurt or help a riflescope make an adjustment.

In my experience, rimfire ammo can vary in point of impact quite a lot, especially subsonic loads. Bullets traveling at subsonic or trans-sonic velocities can do unpredictable things. Additionally, shooting with rimfire rifles at close distances increases the likelihood that you might run out of adjustment. The first sign of this would be that you are able to keep turning the dial, but your point of impact does not change. That scope should be able to adjust a little over two full revolutions of the dial from center before it runs out.

If you run into any more trouble, or just want to talk it over with one of our techs, give us a ring at 1-800-LEUPOLD!

Be Bold. Be Adventurous. Be Relentless. // We do not actively engage in threads or respond to private messages. For customer service help, please contact us directly at 1-800-LEUPOLD or [email protected].