Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by Hesp
There was the 6.5-06 wildcat many years ago then in the 1960's Rem. brought out the 6.5 Rem mag .It fell away. Then some years back the 6.5x284 came out & factory standardized. Now it is fading. Then there was the Factory 6.5x06 A-Square as a factory rifle. . It did not gain great popularity. A-Square is now out of business. Now the 6.5 PRC. What do all these 6.5's have in common . Virtually the exact same ballistics. So what makes any one think the PRC is going to be any thing different. Just to be clear I am a 6.5 fan. My 6.5-06 & other 6.5's are great performers. I remember when there was a clamoring by some for the 35 Whelen in a factory produced rifle .Well Remington brought it out. At first there were brisk sales as all those who wanted one bought one. Then sales dropped to nothing. So will the PRC do any better. Time will tell.

I’m not in the market for a 6.5 PRC with several 6.5’s in my safe (Creed, Swede, 6.5-284, 26 Nos).

If Horn can duplicate the Creed model with precision chambers, the right twist, quality brass and ammo at reasonable prices, who knows.

I wouldn’t want to bet against them.

DF

Another thing, don’t use Remington examples to make points about Hornady.

Different animal.

DF