Sam;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope that this finds you well and the year's been good to you all thus far.

We were fortunate - and I say that with a bit of a wince Sam - in that we lost everything when we were first married and drifted out west here with next to nothing.

In retrospect that hard start taught us so very many life lessons that I'm eternally grateful for it as it was those times we looked back on when deciding how to proceed with various ventures in life.

Anyway without going into too much detail we set a goal we wanted to hit before retirement and through some good fortune in the markets and careful saving we hit the goal a few years back.

I'm 56 now and feel like I'm too young to not work quite yet, so I'll keep going as long as I'm challenged and feel like I'm making a meaningful contribution.

My current plan is to retire at 60, barring unforeseen issues taking place between then and now, but both of us could likely stay home for the rest of our lives and be okay.

Hopefully that doesn't come across as bragging in any way Sam as that's not how I've intended it. We've both been blessed with good health for the most part and honestly that's worth more than any financial goal or target we could ever achieve.

On the farming thing, I'm currently trying to talk my older brother into getting out of the business as its starting to take a toll on his health and he's worked way too hard for too many years not to partake in some of the fruits of his labor.

We'll see I guess though Sam, as he's never done anything else - you've heard that before too I'm guessing? wink

All the best to you all as you head into calving season Sam.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"