Agree on each point.

What give me pause about the 257 WBY is wind at distance, but that is still very much on my radar and I’m probably overthinking the impact of wind. At under 300 yards wind is probably not a rate limiting factor, but at greater distances I’m thinking wind could be problematic (but I am very careful with the shots I take). I know I’m going to be chasing accuracy (as we all do) and have no experience with their “newer” stock and trigger, but I don’t hear bad things. The 257 WBY comes in at 6.75 pounds without rings / scope.

The Cooper Backcountry on gunbroker……..yes....... I’ve been eyeballing that one more than I should. I self-imposed a 2K restriction, but... buy once / cry once (same as with bino’s, a thing I very much understand).

The new MRC rifle looks really nice on paper but their QC reputation precedes them. Heck, they can’t even get the price right on their website. I know that’s petty, but details are important to me.

What I want to do (if possible) is buy ONE high quality “do it all” rifle for non-dangerous game smaller than Elk, and the 257 Weatherby Mag seems to fit the bill (then again so does a 6.5 PRC).

As of today, I’m thinking that I’ll wait and see if any new lefty rifles come out of the SHOT show, and make a call pending that.