Originally Posted by kenjs1
Originally Posted by gsganzer
I've probably shot more with my Marlin 1894 lever in .44mag by just jumping them up while out walking.

If I was to build a gun for shooting them at feeders, it would probably be a AR-10 platform chambered for .243 You'd have a heavy enough bullet (I only shoot mono-metal bullets) for the really large hogs and as light recoil as possible to allow you to get multiple shots at running pigs.

Can't fault in any of that idea.

I use my lever 44mag similarly. What bullets are you shooting? I was using store bought ammo- the Hornady 225 grain Lever Revolution stuff. It shot great but I didn't care for its performance. I switched to 240 hollow points but haven't shot anything with them. What amazed me when trying different ammo in that B92 was how wildly it flung lighter weights.

I shot the Lever Revolution a few times, but I've had two instances where it jammed feeding. I think their length might be a problem. I typically just shoot Winchester white box 240 grain soft points. When I get my reloading equipment set back up, I'll probably load the Hornady XTP bullets.