Gasoline prices have been steadily rising. I hear prices in the $3.00 area in California now. Prices in my neck of the woods for unleaded run around $2.50-$2.53 right now.

I just can't understand the pricing anymore. I was a stanch defender of the oil companies. Things just don't seem right anymore. There is always some excuse for higher prices, and an excuse for not lowering a price. A while back when the price of oil was dropping rapidly, we saw price declines, but nothing near the $0.04/gallon of refined gas per dollar of a barrel of crude. Prices should have been significantly below $2.00/gallon, but it didn't happen where I live and I don't live in CA.

Prices are rising and everyone says... oh, it's Iran. Oh it's Venzuela? Well, there is nothing happening in Iran except the ravings of the president there. The wind changed to coming from the north, time to jack the price of gas up. The refineries are producing more heating oil; time for a price increase. The refineries are doing the "spring cleaning"; time to raise the price. Does it ever stop? Crude oil keeps being pumped and we keep paying higher prices. Maybe it's time for a another war, so at least it will seem like there is a reason for the crude prices.

What is your take on the oil companies and pricing? I know the future's market drives the price. Is the world getting snookered? I think so....