Originally Posted by akmtnrunner
I use Neos all the time, usually while I am coaching cross country ski races. They allow for almost any shoe or boot to slip inside and instantly keep your feet warm and dry as if it were 30-40 degrees warmer. They are ideal if you go from being very active and warm in your regular footwear to not for a while or vice versa. I met a guy who trekked across Greenland in a pair with running shoes inside.
Thanks for that! All I currently have are uninsulated boots, which is why I find the NEOS intriguing. Just not sure how well they would be to walk very far in. Then again, if I'm walking very hard I've not had a trouble keeping warm as I tend to run pretty hot. I could also see them being useful for stand hunting whitetails. Just walk in with lighter boots and put these on once on location. I really do get mental vapor lock over this stuff...

Originally Posted by mtwarden
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
The 40 Below are the cats ass! If you want warmth it is the way to go.

that's what I use snowshoeing and backcountry skiing (Altai Hoks)- sometimes with just trail runners, sometimes with my hunting boots (La Sportiva TRK's)

they are also nice around a snowy/cold camp- just slip them on over socks when nature calls smile

[Linked Image]
Thoughts on using them without snowshoes or skis? From the pics I've seen of them, they don't look to have much of a sole on them.