Manner’s new MCS-UC is an ultralight carbon fiber mountain/lightweight rifle stock. It’s svelte, elegant, and straight up sexy. It combines a thin wrist, reminiscent of a 1960’s Sako Vixen, with 22 lpi checkering and super classic comb and contour blend profiles. One’s immediately struck by the stock’s scale and massing. If Gary Goudy worked in carbon fiber, it would look like this.

The Ultra Classic is only available inletted for SA 700 footprints. Individual stocks are specified to weigh in at 17.5 - 18.5oz. One sample I handled this morning was a near weightless 16.9 lbs. Barrel channels can accommodate up to a Bartlein 2b contour. Bottom metal inlets include typical ADL, BDL and up to M5 DBM cuts. Manners only offers the Ultra Classic furnished with one front and one rear sling swivel stud.

Finish options are limited to clear coat, speckled, or bare. The speckled stocks were my personal favorite. An interesting effect involves the speckling’s hue being reflected in the carbon fiber strands. It’s very cool—lending a dynamic tint cast by light conditions. Functionally, the lightly speckled, but uncoated carbon fiber has a soft grippy-ness. I didn’t want to put it down. When I did, I kept picking it back up.

I immediately ordered two.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty