Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
I have a Model 600 in 308 Win. I replaced the plastic trigger guard, but you don't have to. The alumuinum trigger guards are $110. I bedded the aciton and first 2" of barrel. Shoots sub MOA with hand loads I worked up, which is a downloaded 125 gr bullet. The veloicty yields the equivalent of a Win 243 factory round. It is a very nice shooter, very short and handy in a deer blind. One of the 2 rifles I use most often. I would not use that load for elk, but for my hunting spot the shots are all 70 to 100 yards and the whitetails and pigs drop when hit, which pretty much always.

Now with 308 Win full factory ammo it is rather punishing as it has a plastice butt pad and the gun is very light weight. `I would not want to fire it with the 350 RM unless it at least had a recoil pad installed. But in my mind, the light weight is a very redeeming quality.

I think this rifle was best chambered in 243 Win or 6mm Rem. 350 RM was nuts. but depending on what you want to use it for, I bet you could load it down to something reasonable.

Lots of guys love their Model 600s! Me included.

CVMW sells the best alloy after-market 600/660 trigger guard for $95 on eBay.

Willie Manning posts on this site as CVMW and he might even give you a 24-Hour Campfire discount if you ask.

I have bought several 600s in 350 RM if the price was right and sold every one of them to people in AK.