Funny thing about growing up and working in a salvage yard. I can identify any American car, make, model, and year (within 3 years) made from 1960 to 1990 right off the top of my head. But since the "Old Man"'only dealt in domestics, I knew nothing about imports until long after I got out of the service. I used to look down my nose at imports, till I got hooked up with Wifey and her '09 Forrester.
I've seen quite a few of those Falcon based Rancheros and a few Corvair pickups. We had one of the Corvairs in the yard in the '70s. With the engine over the rear axle and cab over type front end, you could lift the front wheels off the ground 4" or so if you revved it up and dumped the clutch! Ask me how I know grin.
I know I've seen quite a few Mazda pickups that bear an uncanny resemblance to the Rangers, but never connected the dots on the Courier or Chevy Luv. If I had, I'd have drove Kenny crazy calling him Joe Isuzu.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden