Originally Posted by huntsman22
it's not. the beavers are biting each other.

huntsman22:
Good evening to you sir, I trust this finds you well and you're keeping warm and dry in this latest round of winter blasts we've been getting - well that is if you've been getting the snows we have.

Anyway sir, not that you're needing an affirmation from north of the medicine line, but if I may I'll agree heartily with you and share a quick tale from my somewhat varied and sometimes checkered past.

Way back in the mid '80's we used to sell winter called in coyotes to a trapper buddy, the price of course dependent upon the exit wound we'd put into it.

This same chap, we'll call him Harry as that was his name - I understand he's gone now - but Harry was always good for a chuckle, a story and we often learned a thing or three from him too.

One day when we were at Harry's delivering a perforated but still acceptable coyote cadaver he said to us, "You boys gotta see this big male beaver I trapped, it's about the biggest I've seen."

It was in the back of his truck frozen solid, but with the body fully extended. I'm a towering 5'5" huntsman and maybe was a tad taller then as it was 25 years ago, but when I picked up this thing under it's "armpits" and held it up so the tail was just touching the ground, so help me it was very nearly to a point where it's eyes and mine were equal. Did I mention it was mighty heavy for a rodent too?

Oh, the bite marks which are the point of this story were absolutely present, so much so that it looked like this ancient beaver had been unsuccessful at a chainsaw juggling career judging from the wounds all over it. When we queried Harry about that he said - as you did huntsman - that the males were feisty fighting fools and the older one's pelts were often so chewed up that it brought the price down considerably.

Anyway sir, thanks for the reading and going along on a trip way down memory lane tonight.

All the best to you for the remainder of the winter huntsman.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"