I hope you get better soon. My DIL had surgery a few years ago for 2 ruptured discs and a broken vertebra that she got as a result of her being a passenger on a 4 wheeler when her brother flipped it, she was 10 at the time. She also had a severe concussion that caused her brain to swell and we was in a coma for a while. When she awoke from the coma she complained about her back hurting but the hospital never investigated what was causing her back pain.

She endured the back pain until she was she was in her early 30's when it became unbearable (she's a tough west Texas girl that grew up on a ranch). She had surgery to remove both ruptured discs, repair the damaged vertebra and fuse the 3 vertebra. About 5 years later they had to remove the titanium cage and steel rods from her back because of the scar tissue around them was pressing on several nerves. The second surgery was MUCH more painful than the first. She's 44 now and still in pain from nerve damage but doesn't take pain medication anymore. She only takes the drug that diabetics take for foot pain.

I recently talked to young cop I know who had neck surgery last year for a ruptured disc. He told me that they can replace the discs in your back/neck with a plastic disc now. He said are doing the procedure in Europe but the FDA hasn't approved the procedure for the USA.I don't know if that's true or not but I find this website that describes the procedure.

https://www.laserspineinstitute.com/herniated_disc/articles/replacement