Originally Posted by m_stevenson
I'm now the owner of my Dad's old 350 Foreman.
We've purchased a piece of hunting property, and I have both minor logging and food plot work.
I don't own a farm tractor, so my needs are going to have to be done with the Foreman.
There's a number of garden tractor/atv implements I've gathered.
A Brinley single bottom mold board plow with turf cutter disc up front.
A small disc, a raker tooth cultivator and a cute little box blade complete with rakers.
The box blade rotates 180 deg.
We made up a winch/tongs skidder trailer for pulling logs from a bunch of road salt killed hardwood trees.
That area will be cleared for food plot.

Will the old 350 Foreman take a beating like that and not break hard to find parts or plain wear out?
It hasn't had any rough use since the late 80's. Since then it's just been used for deer retrieval duties mainly. Bet it isn't more than 50 miles in the last 20 years.
Even so, rubber parts get old, cracks and mud/water don't do nice things then to original C/V joints and such.

I doubt you'll have much trouble with the tillage implements but logging is some heavy work. If you're talking about pulling a wheeled trailer hauling logs you might run out of horsepower and front end weight at about the same time. My little buggy is a 1999 450 Foreman that looked about like the one K22 posted when I bought it 5 years ago. Had less than 400 miles put on it by a guy older than me hauling ostrich feed and other lightweight stuff while trying to make his fortune with African birds in South Carolina.

It's a plain old foot shifter and I wouldn't want it any other way. I really challenged it with a 6' x 12' single axel trailer and 20" sideboards filled with cut and split firewood. Pulled it thru the neighborhood a couple hundred yards back home with two short slopes. Had a devil of a time turning because the front end was just about to float. Weight wise you can pull more than you can maneuver and stop. A 350 might not be the best way to move trees.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."