I second the recommendation of trying a second set of Samick limbs if you go that route. It keeps your investment low in case you come to realize traditional archery just isn't for you. However, keep in mind that with the Samick, the only length available is 62-inches (regardless of limb poundage), which with your short draw length is rather long.

I'm a big fan of Toelke, Robertson, Big Jim, and other custom bow makers, but since you said you wanted non-custom options, I'm a big fan of Bear (currently own 3 traditional and a compound from Bear). A number of box stores still carry Bear bows even if they mainly focus on selling compound bows, so you should be able to go to a store and get a feel for a few models. For your draw length, you might consider a Kodiak Magnum or even a Supermag, both are short bows that are excellent for hunting.

If you're open to a 60-inch bow, the Kodiak (recreation of the 1959 Kodiak) is a very nice off-the-shelf one-piece recurve (I own one and really like it; I own a few custom bows, but this has become my go to).

Another option would be the Bear Takedown model. With an A-riser (the B-riser is longer), you get 56-inch and 60-inch bow length options depending on the limbs you buy to go with it; the design and grip is basically a refined version of the Samick you'll be practicing with. A benefit of Bear, Matthews, Hoyt, and other well-known brands is that you can find used bows at a good price if you're patient (check archerytalk.com forums).

I think your plan to get a Samick to practice with is sound. A lot of people don't go that route, they try to dive in to the deep end, not understanding that traditional archery is very different from compound. Frankly, for the time being, I would recommend you just get the Samick and practice. Then practice some more. Focus just on that, get the fundamentals down. Worry about a second bow and higher poundage later. None of that matters if you can't shoot. Good luck on your journey.