Originally Posted by Ky221
I hate that for ya minute- our streams froze for a day or 2. Now they are open again. Was 65 here today.

Miles- I’ve never iced fish. Not sure I’d like it. But I’m sure it beats watching the super bowl. I’d like to fish eagle. But In August

Ice fishing is simple. You cut a hole in the ice and pray a fish comes by and commits suicide before you freeze to death. Not at all sure it beats watching football.

Eagle is one of those places everyone should fish at least once. If you take it in your head to go, go in late May/early June. It's fun to cruise a shoreline and pick off big smallies, big walleyes, northerns and muskies are easier then to my way of thinking. I am not really much on fishing muskies. I have places close to home where I can get a four footer if i want it. I think sooner or later I will take one out of the St. Croix though I know where some live and I think I could handle one in fast water. The last couple of years I have been taking the small boat instead of the canoe and I have begun to keep a big bait caster rig and a landing net with me. I normally try to avoid them and the northerns, so at least having the right gear along is a minor concession.