Originally Posted by alaska_lanche
Had my Kimber Montana rebarrled from 358 win to Lilja barrel 6.5 Creedmoor since I was already setup for handloading that and I can suppress it which means I can work up loads at home.

So now it’s 4.1 pounds naked and 5.2 pounds with a 3-10 weaver on it. And just under 6 pounds suppressed.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Anyways just getting it zeroed and burning up the rest of a box (11 shots in all) of factory 143 eldx.
[Linked Image]

First shot after boresight was far right. Measured in reticle and adjusted for three more.

Over corrected an extra .1 mil on the top left but still grouped those 7 shots very well. Of course the factory 143s are lumbering along at 2465 fps out of the 16.25” barrel. I am hoping to get 147s to 2600 fps or so with a little handloading and just as good of accuracy....time will tell.

I will say this is thus far the most accurate Kimber I have had no doubt and should be a perfect sub 500 yard hunting rifle.

The practical side of me says just buy a pile of factory ammo. The tinkerer says we can do just as good only faster if I handloads wink. Luckily I can always default back to practical. smile

That is crazy lite! My Forbes 260 hits 6.4 with a Leupold 3.5x10 CDS, and I think that is a tough critter to shoot well from the bench. Can't imagine trying to hold that wisp steady. Nice work, Sir!

Kaiser Norton

The Kaiser- "If it ain't broke, I can fix that!"