Had a synthetic-stocked B-Mag for a while (had to try one despite the so-so reputation), and finally had to put it in a Boyds laminated stock and use some bedding tricks to get it to average 5 shots anywhere near an inch at 100 yards. (The syn-sock was way too floppy to be any help.) Most groups were closer to 1.5". Tried several kinds of 20-grain ammo and it all shot about the same, at around 2900 fps. The only time any chronographed around 100 was on a very warm day.

In my CZ .17 HMR the A17 ammo groups under 3/4" for 5-shot groups at 100, right to the same POI as "standard" 17-grain V-Max ammo, at a muzzle velocity of around 2850, so I sent the .17 WSM down the road.

On the other hand, one of my buddies has a Ruger 77 in .17 WSM that REALLY shoots, and he likes it a lot. So I gave him my leftover WSM ammo.

If somebody would come out with a rifle priced somewhere between the B-Mag and Ruger that shot consistently well, I suspect the .17 WSM would become pretty popular. But haven't heard of anything yet.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck