After nearly two years of waiting, my name floated to the top of Gene’s list again.  After his move, he is just a hop and a skip away, so he invited me over to discuss patterns.

I met Mr. Ingram at his home today for a quick lunch chat that turned into almost 2 hours of great conversation.  A true gentlemen to talk with. He invited me in, showed me his shop, we rummaged through his collection of blanks, patterns and handle materials.  I could have talked for hours more but I didn’t want to be selfish with his time nor would my boss have appreciated me missing from work any longer than I already was. 

I decided to go with another Kingfisher and Yellow Jacket in matching, jigged, yellow G10.  The Kingfisher I have is a gorgeous knife with Westinghouse scales…I just never could bring myself to use it because I thought it was too nice to bounce around on the boat in the gulf.  This next one in jigged G10 should remedy that.

Between these and the ones I have in the works with MRK, I am going to have a busy summer of playing with new blades.