Paul- that's some speed! Probably why the 1100 Turbo has or had a rep for eating belts. People who buy those things generally want to do those things. I'm too chicken to do more than 60 once in awhile. I (or my wife- I bought it for her) have horses to spare! She's a fast woman!

It hasn't eaten a belt yet, but I put in an aftermarket floating clutch, which is supposed to help. Those things are s bitch to change, unlike the little Bravo and the Cougar.mmWell, I dunno about the Cougar- can't remember ever changing one. The Bravo is on it's 3rd or 4th, but none have ever broken on me.

the Turbo is way more machine than we need or want, but it was a steal but not stolen - 6 years old with just over 500 miles on it ( I gave it it's first scheduled oil change, which is a story in itself), for just over half it's bluebook value and going rate at the time. The handwarmers were out of it, so I had to put new ones on, a higher windscreen, ice scrapers (also rep for overheating- never used 'em) heavy duty tow bar/bumper. And ship it to and from Kotzebue, within a year. I'm still money ahead- probably should have sold it in Kotz for over 1K profit, and bought something smaller and more compatible, but I couldn't refuse the whining...... smile. It does ride nice, but damn! that throttle is tetchy!

The new idlers are in, still have to balance the tensioners. The cougar has a new ass, too, not quite all bolted up yet. Four rivets (if I can find either of my two pop-rivet tools) and a half dozen bolts will finish it. Got interupted a lot today - the fireplace installers were here. Them and the gas guy should finish up tomorrow, so then it's Durorock time. I'm letting the wife do the stone and tile work, nice guy that I am....

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.