Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
I'm a fan of electric...with a heavy charger. The ease of setup for anyone doing the graze for weed control thing is a no-brainer. Most of our goats don't test the fences as long as they've got food and access to luv in da pasture...miss one of those and any goat will test a fence. Occasionally one will come along that is going to test the fence no matter what....and they get thrown in jail (woven wire), then go directly to the sale. In the end, although it hurts, electric is just a psychological barrier....if they want through it bad enough they can get through it. For a physical barrier, the non-climb horse fencing is probably the best thing going...but a pain to install and expensive (especially with class 3 galv):

https://redbrandstore.com/products/square-deal-non-climb-horse-fence-200-class-3-1660-2-12-1-2

I used to love hogs that would squeal just before they got to the electric when they ran through the fence. grin

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.