I was rooting around in the scope drawer looking for something to put on my newly rechambered 22 K-Hornet and came across this. It's a Nitrex 3-10x50mm. It's a very lightly used scope. I had originally planned to put one of my Burris 2-7s on it, but I think that's destined for another rifle. At any rate, I didn't bother putting a scope on the 22 K-Hornet. So tonight turned out to be putting on a new scope for the 17 Hornet.

The TR Nitrex scopes were a solidly made Japanese product, but this model looked too long and ungainly on the two or three rifles I put it on, so I shelved it. For some reason, it doesn't look too bad on the Contender. Nitrex was a short lived line that was owned by Weaver, that was owned by ATK. A confusing jumble of company buy outs about 10 or 12 years ago.

With Weaver's future hanging in the balance, I am not too sure about the warranty, but I paid $90 or $100 for it at a trade show. If I recall correctly, it was considered to be a middle of the road optic. It works, and I doubt this little 17 will shake it up too badly. If it packs in, I won't grieve for too long.

I present to you 'monster glass'.

[Linked Image]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]