After the other thread with advice on chamber reaming, I mentioned that I was also getting ready to give it a try. Did it by hand with the extended T-handle. Should have just used my tap handle since there is no action to reach through on a Handi Rifle. Went through about 24oz of cutting fluid, just added more everytime it wasn't puddled up around the reamer. Clean the reamer and blow out the chamber frequently... Still ended up with 1 small tooling mark, only evidence is a very small shiny spot on the fired case. Any ways, went from 243 Win to 6mm Ackley Improved. Didn't take near as long as I figured it would considering the depth needed. Took about 4 hours from the time I started tearing down the rifle until I had it back together and bore sighted. You won't get a test group today. Freezing rain with wind chill of 20*. Pretty uneventful. I chose the Rossi (it's a Handi Rifle clone) because it was cheap and had a 1-8 twist with 23 inch barrel. Seems to be a good fit for the purpose. I say if you are thinking about giving it a try, do it.

Getting everything laid out. Thats not Dr. Pepper but cutting fluid.
[Linked Image]

Put back together.
[Linked Image]

Cases, 243, 6mm, 6mmAI, Primer looks good.
[Linked Image]

Sorry they are upside down, Phone doesn't like left handed people.

Thanks gentlemen. Lonnie