Looking for recommendations for a lightweight scope for my 338-06 Weatherby V Ultralight. It currently wears a Leupold vx-2 2-7, which is light and has worked fine for the brushhunting I did this year with it, but am getting it ready for goats and want a bit more magnification. I need it to have a low mag for bears as I bushwack up to the alpine.

This is what I have found so far:

On the ultralight side I have found the Weaver Classic V 2-10X38, and the Maven R2. The maven looks nice but the specs for the eye relief looks terrible and my 338-06 will be loaded with 250 gr rounds and that looks like I will scope myself. I have no idea about the Weaver Classic V but it is very inexpensive and made in Japan, but after searching the fire sounds like it terrible scope. And maybe that is why you can find it for sale for $150.

The vortex LH 2-10, the Leupold VX5 2-10 are both 16 ounces and both look like nice scopes but are considerably more money.

Doug has a good deal on the Steiner GS3 2-10 and thinking about that, it is a bit heavier.

Anything I haven't found? Any of the above that I should stay away from?