For all of you in Texas that I've seen around here, what are your thoughts on the GLO's plan to relocate the Alamo Cenotaph outside of the footprint of the Alamo? This came up a little before the election back in November and the general consensus was a general dislike (or more) of GLO commissioner Bush and the Re-Imagine the Alamo plan.

I ask because yesterday Rep. Biederman of Fredericksburg filed HB1836 (number specifically chosen to commemorate the Alamo) which would remove control of the Cenotaph from the City of San Antonio and put it in the auspices of the GLO. Any future changes would have to be unanimously approved by the Gov, Lt. Gov, Speaker of the House, and the GLO Commissioner (crap) BUT the Cenotaph would be permanently blocked from being removed from the grounds of the Alamo.

I'm curious as to what everyone's thought are and if you would support HB1836. If so, and you would like to write a short letter of support for the legislation (think of writing your congressman) let me know as I will be going to the capitol building in the next few weeks to have meetings with representatives (and senators) to try to garner support for the bill. I would be happy to (and would like to) be able to bring letters of support give to these people in person. If we stand a chance of getting this passed, we must have a strong show of support for it.

http://newstalk1290.com/time-is-running-out-to-save-the-alamo-cenotaph/

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~