Originally Posted by Partsman
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Never cared for John Wayne

You sir are not an American! whistle

Not saying I’m an expert. My grandfather & my father were career union projectionists, IATSE Local 279. Since the drive-in’s had new movies every Monday night & my mother was a movie fanatic, we spent every Monday night there. It was free along with volumes of popcorn & coke. Tired, falling asleep in the rear dash of our 63 Pontiac Star Chief, mosquito bitten & sweat soaked was commonplace. I don’t really remember a movie I have not seen from that era of the 60’s & 70’s. The most memorable being The Groove Tube which got my Dad arrested. Second was Big Bad Mama with Angie Dickinson, won’t ever forget that movie. R ratings back then were equivalent to XXX for a Southern Baptist. I can still thread a film into the 7’ tall projectors, change the carbon rod, rewind the film & return it to its canister.

Honestly, I gave it the All-American try to appreciate John Wayne, just could never rally the cause.

Last edited by Reloder28; 02/17/19.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee