I ended up using Millett lows to mount an old Burris mini 6X on my 455 Lux. The ocular bell of that small scope JUST clears the bolt handle, and the scope sits low enough for me to use. It was a very near thing - I don't know what other scope I might have used for that particular rifle.

In my case I needed very low rings because the hogback style comb is very low (great for the sights though).
It would be different if I had an American or a varmint. Much different if ihad been something target or tactical with a high comb. You can run almost anything on those.

I'm a big believer in having a consistent cheek weld that puts you in line with the sight, and I choose rings by how they line up with my eye when I'm down on the stock.
That then determines what size scope I'm going to mount. The only other option to me is building up the comb, not lifting my head off it.

Unless you have a Trainer, a Lux, a full stock or some similar version with a hogback stock youll probably find that the rings that line up for you will also allow the bolt handle to clear the ocular bell. Though a scope with a very large ocular bell may still interfere with the bolt.

FYI, the 457s do in fact have less bolt lift. They will be easier to fit a scope to.

I know that plenty of guys pick out a big scope, get rings tall enough to fit the front bell and go from there.
If you take that approach you should have a comb high enough to work for you, however you get it there.

Work is what you do to finance your real life.....