Originally Posted by seattlesetters
Originally Posted by eaglemountainman
I'm looking at an ULA CDT as a pronghorn/muledeer day pack. Anyone have any experience or opinions? I'm not looking to haul meat with it. Mostly for carrying clothes for swapping out, given weather conditions, a kill kit , lunch, water....

It will be fine, especially if you don't plan on doing it very often and if you have other uses for such a lightweight pack.

I'd personally get something with a bit more beefy material, as I often crawl around on the prairie when I'm hunting speed goats. Something like the Mystery Ranch Coulee 25 or Mystery Ranch Scree would be perfect and both would serve admirably as a day pack for just about any other use.

Yeah, I've been looking at the Mystery Ranch packs on the advice of others here. Although a bit pricey, I think I'm going to buy once, cry once, and go for the MR Pop Up 28. It looks like a very impressive piece of gear, and I haven't seen a bad review on it yet, (3,2,1 and...). I know I said I wasn't looking to haul meat with it, but hey, you never know. I'd rather have the capability, and not use it, than have to go and buy again if things changed. I have quite awhile until Oct., so maybe I can catch a sale.

Last edited by eaglemountainman; 02/18/19.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.