I have used it a great deal. Mostly range pick ups......filled a 5 gallon bucket in one summer. You would see empty box's of federal 100 packs in the trash can......glittering piles on the range where they would stand and then kneel. Easy pick ups.

Quick glance at the head stamp and toss into a 64oz Stripes cup one for federal one for speer and one for the rest......sometimes enough remington will be there to get its own cup......

2 other 5 gallon buckets are filled with Speer .223 cases.......all Border Patrol spent brass......as they use the range sometimes.

Anyway......

I dont load "hot" "max pressure" but in my .223 loadings for my ar I have used 20-23 grains of TAC and had no problems with federal cases lasting 5-7 reloads so thats just me.

Yes, these are starting loads, but they work and they work well for me. Its only 2,788 fps avg for the 23 grain load with either a 50 or 55 grain Speer spitzer so the primer pockets stay tight.

If I were to purposefully buy federal for reloading purposes......and I have for .243 Winchester and .22-250 Rem... I did not give it a second thought.

.243 is on its 5th loading. Full length sized in a RCBS X-die......limits case growth.........37 grains of imr 4350.....87 grain hornady soft point......2,863 fps....primer pockets are just fine.
.22-250 is its 6th loading. Full length sized in a RCBS X-die..........36 grains of CFE223.....55 grain hornady with cannuler.......never chronoed it as it shot 0.40 at 100 yds..............primer pockets are still tight.

My BLUE DOT loads.......well the federal brass has reached its 9th loading, primer pockets are still tight,
In my Savage/Stevens .223......midsouthshooters..34 grain hollow point at 2,480 fps....9 grains of BD..... to "imitate" a .17HMR in fps.....under 200 yds its a lazer. Thank you Seafire.

I guess it all depends on how "hard" you press the brass to do its job.

Best
Heavy

Last edited by HeavyDove; 03/19/19.