I’ve never shot any game with my 338’s except 250 grain Nosler Partitions. I noticed this last week that I had some loads from the 80’s and my brother had some loads from the 90’s all 250 grain Partitions. They were loaded with 3100 - sorta like old H4831, I think.
We pulled all the bullets from those loads and threw the powder away. I have a new box of 250 Partition bullets. Comparing the three vintages, they are different. I see in another thread MD mentioned Nosler improving their bullets as time passes.

I don’t mind the kick that much with 250’s, but what the hey. My brother and I are going moose hunting this fall, ya hoo! A first for both of us.He doesn’t like the kick he gets out of his Browning 338 with the 250’s. So... since I’m taking my 338 Win Model 70 Classic as a back up rifle. (This is my third 338 I’ve owned.) It didn’t group the 250’s as well as the other two 338’s I’ve owned. But I have only shot the rifle a few times. Per recommendations from a writer I respect, We are going to try 210 grain Nosler Partitions, if we can get the two rifles to shoot them well. Brother had tried getting a mono lighter bullet to shoot and hasn’t had much luck with accuracy: 4”+ @100 yards.
There’s still six foot snow drifts in my shooting range so testing will wait for me.
As far as 275 grain Speer bullets, I have not had any issues with Speer hot core flat base bullets. I’d bet that for a cup and core bullet they’d be one of the better ones.

Just a suggestion, instead of arguing about who has the shiniest penny, why not stack dry paper and test the bullets???

I admit it’s tough for me to use anything but 250 grain Partitions, especially on perhaps the only moose hunt I’ll be on. It’s tough to change, especially if what you’ve been using works very well.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally