Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by RIO7
[Linked Image]

Found these last year's lock up's last evening while pig hunting. Rio7

Never could figure out why they both just don't get up and walk away when they shed them...

Because it's difficult to leave your own skull behind. If they were fighting when one dropped, it would be different, but they may starve, and will likely die of lack of water before that happens. I've seen video of one buck down and gored, while the victor keeps attacking until there is no further response at all. I've seen video of hunters working to release locked up bucks, with one down and the other trapped and exhausted. If those antlars are not ready to drop, it will not likely happen fast enough to save either deer.
I've posted a deer head that looks part unicorn, because of an extra antler, but if you look close, you will see most of the points broken off by fighting. But the base antlers remain very firmly attached to the skull.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~