So I stopped at a local store today to pick up a package of pellets. Long story short, after some ball busting and laughs, I ended up buying more pellets than I had intended and they threw in a very clean Slavia and hard case that someone had left with them when they declined to buy it.

Just gave it a quick try - 1st shot was a little high, next three to point of aim and all touching (from across my short basement) and I'm not good with an airgun. Happy shooter here.
Mild velocity but not weak - they bounce out of the trap but not too hard. Maybe 600 fps? Easy to cock though. No twang, no thump, just a smooth report.
Trigger is a very simple single stage, no safety. Long pull but it releases well enough.
Can't find any plastic on it and I doubt its made of anything but steel and beechwood. Maybe it has an aluminum top hat or something like that.
Sights are a solidly made spring steel ladder (elevation only) and a blade front, both on dovetails. Really good sight picture for all that it only possible to drift for windage.

It seems like a great plinker and I like it. If I'd had one of these when I was a kid, I would have been perpetually in need of pellets. It was all I could do to keep myself in BBs, and they were a lot cheaper.

If you come across one and want a fun gun for the kids or grandkids (or you) to plink with, you could do a lot worse.

Work is what you do to finance your real life.....