We've been heading the South Central GA since 2008, in the pursuit perforating passels of porkers.

This past weekend, I started of with a bang on the first night: not with a gun, unfortunately. I cut the [intercourse] out of my finger on the jagged edge of an exposed bracket on the cabin's stove. It necessitated some redneck first aid, and the gloves shown when I later went "bang" to take a juvenile boar:

[Linked Image]

The next night brought out a bigger specimen at very last light:

[Linked Image]

Both critters fell instantly to a 130 TTSX from the .300 Savage cases in the pictured 722. That rifle is now 4-for-4, and it also possesses the uncanny ability to make all hogs appear at 51 yards or less.

Still, there were hardships. The place was devoid of highball glasses...

[Linked Image]

On the other hand, the "guides" aren't that hard on the eyes...

[Linked Image]

Having gotten hogs down with still another day to hunt, I endeavored once again to finally bloody the 7x57 Mauser 98 that I'd picked up during a trip out to see Rockchucker a few years back.

[Linked Image]

I'd figured out the iron sights for minute-of-hog's-head at 100 yards. Naturally, a li'l boar presented himself at last light, at a hair under 30 paces... and I undershot him. sick

I guess it means I'll have to go back & give 'er another whirl.

As always, the hunting took a backseat to the camaraderie of our group, and especially of our hosts. We had nearly every guide we've ever had show up to relive old memories and tip beverages with us. It would have been worth the trip even if we'd left the guns back home. And that, is the making of a great trip.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC