Originally Posted by Robert_White
Originally Posted by Terminal223
Seems some company made a bunch of out of spec carbide reamers and sent those reamers to the big production barrel makers. They didn't figure it out until mid summer. Now everyone is trying to get barrels made to the correct spec so they will shoot the ELD and SMK. New 83gr Bergers and 90gr SMKs are coming.

The barrels with the out of spec long freebore tend to shoot the 75tmj and 60gr better than the barrels cut with the SAAMI freebore but shoot the VLDs worse because of the long jump.

75 grrainers at high velocity interest me very much.

Last fall I bought a 1:7 twisted Valkyrie upper from PSA that shoots quite good with the 75 grainers from Eagle.

Most thought the issue with getting the Valk to shoot heavier bullets well was due to the twist, and it still may be that, too. Not sure if my Valkerie was among those using a bad reamer, as I have not shot heavier or longer bullets from it yet.

So, recently, and when I saw it first offered, I also bought a new Valkyrie barrel and bolt carrier group from them that is twisted 1:6.5, rather than the 1:7 my upper is twisted.

I haven't gotten around to installing it yet and not sure if I'll swap out the 1:7 or leave it be and pick on an extra 5.56 AR.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.