Well I searched for Blue's gas thread but couldn't find it, then did a little internet reading that gave me some ideas. Thought I would ask here to see if I'm on the right track.

Gun functions well, never a ftf or eject or unlocked bolt on last round. Shoots as accurate as I can hold it (i think ), but shooting it next to my other AR or a couple of my buds guns it throws brass willy nilly from about 2:00 to 4:30. The other guns vary where they toss it but usually in a pretty good pile.

I built it, for starters, it has mid length gas and an H2 buffer, the spring came with a mil spec tube so I guess it's a carbine but I haven't counted coils yet. Probably 1000 to 1500 rounds through it.

I was going to start by taking the gas block off and seeing if the hole burn seems lined up and checking for any leaky streaks around the key area, haven't noticed any. Probably buy another spring or even try just putting the carbine buffer back in it.

Is it just being picky to want the empties flying uniform or is it a good function concern?

Thanks