There are three fairly easy things you can do to enhance your QL results.

First, setting H2O case capacity is pretty important for getting accurate predictions out of QuickLOAD.

The way I do that is as follows:

1. choose 10, 15, or 20 fired cases at random and find the total weight.
2. calculate the average weight for your cases
3. find one case that is closest to the calculated average by weight and record its weight
4. fill the case with water to overflowing and carefully wipe the moisture from outside the case and weigh and record it
5. the difference between these two numbers will be your case H2O case capacity

When you run QL you can enter your own value value in the "Maximum Case Capacity, overflow" field. Small changes in this parameter can make significant differences in QL result.

Another field that is worth attention is the "Shot Start (Initiation) Pressure" on the powder side of the inputs. Hover your cursor over the field for that value and you'll see an explanation. In my experience and opinion, the value in that field should be increased if and when you seat a bullet any closer to the lands than about 0.010." Increasing the start pressure value by 7200 psi does NOT simply add 7200 psi to the final calculation, it changes up the burn curve entirely and resultant pressures (and by extension, velocities) much more than that.

The third thing: you can play with the Ba factor on the powder side of the input screen. Other powder parameters can be diddled also. That function is enabled by clicking on the icon in the upper left-hand corner of the powder window. Personally, I do not play with that side of the screen much at all---other than the Start Pressure field, occasionally. I just don't find it necessary

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.