I just saw over on Accurate Reloading that my PH Bossie Mostert of Limpopo Big Game Safaris was gored by a cape buffalo. It happened on April 5th. From what I read he & his tracker "BitWell" were tracking this bull for 2 days. It had been arrowed and they were following the trail. Some how they got separated & the bull ambushed Bossie. He has a bad wound at the knee & he was gored in the abdomen. The punched a hole thru his diaphragm & broke 3 ribs. It missed his lungs. He's in ICU & infection is the biggest concern.

I can't believe it. I had killed a bull as it came out of the brush & then swung on the 2nd bull. I hit it in the shoulder. We checked on the 1st bull to make sure it was dead & then went after the 2nd one. We were loosing light fast & after tracking a short ways in the bush we decided to back out. We could hear the bull just a little bit in front of us---but we couldn't see it.

That night at camp we had a fine dinner & were drinking South African wine. Toasting each other on a great buffalo hunt.

Next morning Bossie knocks on my door at 5:30 AM. He's crying & shaking. The angels came that night & took Henriette to heaven. He lost his wife in bed that night. We still had to track down a wounded buffalo. I don't know where he summoned the strength from. We----He found the buffalo bull the next morning. After a long chase, we killed the bull. No one could figure what kept the bull going. He's shoulder was broken & the top of the lungs were shredded. But that bull still kept going.

Bossie has a 10 year old boy. There's a fund for him. there's a link on AR for it. If you can-- try to send some money---Bossie is a good man.

Bob