The rock chucks are out and I've about got the loading room in my new house all set up and running. I dusted off an old favorite rifle that Jim See built for me about 12 years ago.

It's an 8 twist brux light Palma interrupted fluted on a trued Rem action. I used to always use 105 amaxes for rock chucks and the rifle was throated to kiss those at 2.80". I've also killed deer with it using 105 Berger vlds. I really liked the 105 hornady match bthp too but amaxes always seemed to give a little more pop early in on varmints.

Should I just go to the 108 eld m or is there a better high bc soft bullet with early upset? I really like 105 g high bc 6mms as a dual purpose long range big game and varmint bullet. I tried some different 115s a few years back but I didn't think they hung with the 105s.

I'm just going to keep using the hornady match 105 bthp's for game but I'd like to find something to replace my old favorite 105 Amax varmint load. I have some 108 elds I'll try first but I know there's some other new bullets to try. Any other good fast opening heavy 6mm bullets out now?

Bb