I think I'd leave the shoulder where it's at but it's just personal preference. I believe its 30 but that's plenty steep for good consistant headspace and not having to trim all the time. I've ran a few AI's and some are great but there is still something I like about a little body taper and a 30 degree shoulder.

As much as I love a good 280 ai none of them I've had ever fit and fed as slick as a plain 700 KS I had in regular 280. The standard 06 rounds were designed to feed great and they do but I've loved the standard creedmoor design since it came out. It's pretty much an improved design without being too blocky.

The way I see it, the first time you fire a case in any chamber you are fire forming anyways improved or not. I like to get the first shot done on a case then I can bump the shoulder back to where I want it. Two thousandths or so on cases with taper and not so steep of shoulder say 30-06, and a few more on the square steeper shoulder stuff like AI or WSM etc. My creedmoor shoots and functions great with only a two bump.

I almost always full length size but set a batch of cases up for each gun. My main press is converted to lock and load bushings and I pretty much have a die set for each rifle. It means a lot of overlap like have 7 or 8 223 dies but I just find it easier to set the shoulder bump once and leave the die for that gun.

I really want a 22 Creedmoor. I was thinking 7 twist but with longer bullet options continuing to show up maybe I should go 6.5. I was happy about seeing 88 elds at .545 but then I see these Sierra's at .6 and think it's good to have options. For what I want to do with it the plastic tip and thin jacket on the eld should work well.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 04/10/19.