Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Kind of already know the answer here but wanted to run my opinion past you folks.

Have been looking without success for any loading data on the Hornady 88 gr. ELD in the .22-250, this in an 8" twist. The Hornady manual and website, Sierra, Nosler, Berger, Barnes, Hodgdon and Ramshot have nada, most of them only go up to 80 grains, although Sierra has some data for their 95 grain HPBT.

Sierra shows H4350 and H4831 getting 2900 fps with their 95 grain bullet and most folks show those powders getting 3000-3050 fps with the various 80 grain bullets. Without an actual published max powder charge to refer to, I'm thinking I could use either of these two powders and work up to 2900 fps out of a 22.4" barreled Tikka as a safe enough velocity. I realize RL-17, Superformance and such show higher velocities in this weight range than the two Hodgdon powders but I'm not looking for absolute highest velocity obtainable and tend to not get powders for single uses, those are the two I have on hand and cover several other uses.

So, sound like a safe enough plan?

OR, if anybody does know of published data for this bullet I'm all ears (or eyes).

I found this thread so you might be able to cross reference and extrapolate a load with it. Let us know what you find. https://forum.snipershide.com/threads/22-250-and-88gr-eldm.6915941/