My 24 year old son called me tonight and he wants me to help him buy a 300 Win Mag. I have a 300 Win Mag that I have dragged all over North America in the past 25 years and hope to live long enough to take it to Africa. It has never once let me down. So I am a big fan of the caliber for serious big game hunting. So I say OK, what exactly are you looking for?

First thing he seez is "Well nothing with wood or blued steel".

Him and his buddies love guns and are active shooters, but makes me wonder where the guns we all have now are going to be 20, 30, 40, 50 years from now?

I guess when I was 20 something I was interested in the latest greatest Wizz Bang POW's too, but I have always loved old guns.

These kids going to ever warm up to our old wood and blued steel guns as they get a little longer in the tooth, or are they a new generation of gun owners?

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~