I have a 2017 and my hunting buddy buys a new one every year. I am in them a lot. With factory Wranglers mine was an honest 21-22 on the highway. I put some load range E, one size bigger Falkens and it dropped to 18-19 on the highway. I am going to put stock tires back on it now that winter is over. I get about 16-17 in town.

My hunting partner has 4 F150s with 2.7s in them. We took one bear hunting last year. I pulled over and got out and lifted the hood I was so impressed. I had to see for my self that it was really a 2.7 liter. I drove most of the trip- 25-26 on that bear hunt. No idea what he gets in town as his employees drive them so he doesn't see the mileage.

My computer mileage is spot on with hand calculating it. Why anyone would buy a 5.0 is beyond me. Ford only makes it to appease the few old-timers that can't wrap their head around twin-turbo, variable valve timing technology.

Are there things I don't like? Yes, you have to have the truck on a lift to change the oil, You can hear the fan. Other than that, I can't think of anything.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.